This course covers the essentials of sensory evaluation. You will learn the way we perceive what we taste and how to apply it to the evaluation of coffee’s intrinsic characteristics. Secondly, you will get started with the identification of specialty coffee qualities and gain an overview on how to implement it in your business.
Once you have tasted beans of different origin, variety and processing technique side by side and gotten your head around the terminology, your experiences with coffee can really gain dimension and luxury. Cupping protocols are international and our links to a global coffee community are forged through tastes and flavours and how and why these are in the cup.
After completing the course you will be able to
- understand how the human body perceives the sensory experience,
- understand and use commonly used cupping terminology,
- understand how to communicate the sensory experience,
- set up a professional cupping table,
- understand the rationale behind a cupping table set up,
- describe the optimum conditions for a cupping lab,
- understand the difference between qualitative and quantative cupping methodology.